Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win98SE and XP networking

Hi Folks...I have 3 boxes...2 use WIN98SE and one uses XP. The one WIN98SE (T20) unit can transfer files and communicate with the XP box but the other WIN98SE (T21) unit can not do so. The only difference between T21 and T20 is that on T21 I use Microsoft networking logon when booting up the machine and on T20 it has no log on features. If this matters, why is it so? Thanks in Advance...Grady

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win98SE and XP networking

Can you describe a little more in detail your networking configuration? Not quite sure what your description means. In Control Panel, Network of each Win98 machine, does your screen look something like this attachment? There is a possibility that the logon USER NAME of each machine has to be setup on the XP machine as a user account, but first let's see where you stand now, OK?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win98SE and XP networking

I figured out part of the problem - if I disable PRIMARY NETWORK LOGON "Client for Microsoft Networks" and enable "Microsoft Family Logon" on the two WIN98SE machines then I can get to the XP box. But the XP box still can't see nor access any of the WIN98SE boxes