Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pop Up Calendar (Access 2000)

I have used Martin Greens Access version of a pop-up calander on date field combo boxes.

My question is, is it possible to use this same technique on a message box for a report where the message box asks for a begin date and an end date prior to the report opening?

Thank you in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pop Up Calendar (Access 2000)

Create a form to let the user enter the begin date and end date; use the popup calendar from this form. Open the report with a Where-condition based on the dates entered by the user. Post back if you need detailed assistance.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thank you again. Sometimes the simplest things totally escape your thought process. I will try this tomorrow AM and repost if I have difficulties.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

This was an original post from Sept. 25 2003.

I would like to modify this question slightly and then need a little detailed help.

Same question referring to a pop up calender on message boxes however this time I've created a few charts and put them on a tab control which is located on a form. I would like to view each chart with a date range. When I open the form that the tab control is on I have to go threw the series of date ranges (ENTER PARAMETER VALUE box) for each chart (3) before the first chart sets focus. Can these date ranges be controled with a pop up calender and can they be set seperatly as each tab control is clicked?

Thank - you for any help.

Pop Up Calendar (Access 2000)
    I have used Martin Greens Access version of a pop-up calander on date field combo boxes.

My question is, is it possible to use this same technique on a message box for a report where the message box asks for a begin date and an end date prior to the report opening?

Thank you in advance.

Jeff F.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This may not be the most elegant way of doing it, but see if it works for you.

On the tab page with the first chart, place text boxes txtStartDate1 and txtEndDate1. You can use whatever technique you like to open the popup calendar from these text boxes.
    Edit the Row Source property of the chart to refer to the text boxes for the date range; the WHERE part should look like this:

WHERE DateField Between Forms!frmCharts!txtStartDate1 And Forms!frmCharts!txtEndDate1

Replace DateField by the name of your date field and .rmCharts by the name of your form. The chart will not update automatically when you change the date in one of the text boxes. You must either requery the chart control in the After Update event of the text boxes, or put a command button on the tab page that requeries the chart.

Repeat the above for the other charts, with text boxes txtStartDate2 and txtEndDate2, etc.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thank you very much. This works great. The Where statement took me awhile to figure out but a little persistence and all went fine.