Lounger
    Thanks

Desktop.ini (Windows XP)

Okay, I've got a tricky question for everyone. I have been playing with a lot of the shell commands in Windows XP, specifically those associated with Desktop.ini files. I've learned how to customize folders to show specific background images and text colors.

i.e.

IconArea_Image=front.jpg
    IconArea_Text=0x00ffffff

What I am trying to learn at this point is how to change the background color of the text. I have tried everything I can think of. There must be a way. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Vassago

Thanks

Re: Desktop.ini (Windows XP)

Where are these files used that you want to change the color? I have seen them in the My Network Places folder (NetHood). I assume you have something more interesting in mind. Have you found any documentation on Shell settings that suggests that individual program icons can have background colors different from the Windows default?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Desktop.ini (Windows XP)

Okay, I'll explain it this way.

On your desktop, you can change the background color of the font, as well as the font color itself. In previous versions of windows XP, this was doable easily for each individual folder. It becomes tougher with XP. I have found ways to change the font color and even size for each folder. I haven't yet been able to change the background color of the text.

My Problem:

Supposed I have a folder that contains mp3s of a friend's band. Using the shell commands I gave above in the desktop.ini file, I am able to set the cd front insert as the background of that folder. Now, the problem is, that picture is black and white in checkerboard pattern. Rather than set the font color of the files to something bluish, I would rather change the background color of the specific files white, so I can keep the font black, or vice versa. This was so easy in Windows 98.

I'm still looking. I've seen suggestions, but none have worked so far. Anything you can suggest would be most welcome.

Thanks for replying,

Vassago