4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finding unneeded files (97)

I have a web site in FrontPage where I've changed and deleted links without cleaning up the old HTML files. Now, I've got a bunch on HTML and GIF files on my hard drive that are no longer being used by the web site but I don't remember which is which. Is there an easy way to have FrontPage figure this out for me?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks

Re: Finding unneeded files (97)

It's been a couple of years, since I've worked with FrontPage 97. But I think there is a report view, where you can see all files regardless of the directory that they are in.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Finding unneeded files (97)

I've never used a copy but I think you do have a hyperlink view if not a reports view I think you have a To Do list? ... Anyway with the hyperlink view and the folder list view enabled (probably from the View menu on the Toolbar if they are not already.) You can click on a file or graphic file and observer the links going to it, with a graphic if it's not linked on any of the pages (unless it's in a javascript) there will be no blue lines showing .. and you can drag that image to a folder, you don't want to delete them straight away just in case. The same for html pages that are not linked weather a navgation bar is used or not. Save them in a folder first while you check your site, don't forget to recalculate hyperlinks which in other versions is under tools.

hth Tina