Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Drive Image 7.01 Update 'Patch'

    To save precious space, please <!post=see my post here.,297965>see my post here.<!/post>

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Drive Image 7.01 Update 'Patch'

    Just a bit more info. I still can't find a "readme" or FAQ to tell what's changed in 7.01, but the update was smart enough to install OK and seems to be working. It's kind of strange that when I went through the PQ downloading process the first time for 7.01, it sent me an email with a NEW serial number. The download failed, so I had to try again. When the second one failed, PQ's process wouldn't let me try a THIRD time, so I had to start from the beginning again. It went OK the third time, including the issuance of another serial number email. However, when I installed the update, it didn't ask me for a serial number but instead chose to KEEP the original serial number I got from the 7.0 purchase. Go Figger.....

  3. #3
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Drive Image 7.01 Update 'Patch'

    One more little tidbit. This morning I ran the PQRE system boot CD created in the 7.01 process. It still takes SEVERAL minutes to load. Suddenly, I was faced with a "BSOD-like" screen saying that OLE32.DLL was a bad file. Precisely, it said "c0000221 Bad Image Checksum" in that file. Computer was frozen, even to the three-finger salute. Had to power off. I re-booted to XP and compared the copy of the file PQ's process had put on the CD and the copy in my System32 directory to find them exactly alike in every respect (used a binary editor). So, I tried again to find that the above failure may have been a fluke 'cause it worked OK this time. After arriving at the PQRE menu screen I did discover that, even in DHCP, it will NOT let me browse my LAN without using its Utilities menu to map the appropriate shares using a UNC path name. When I did that, I was off and running. I was only testing, so I have not actually done a restore YET!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •