Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Multiple document & forms/customs properties (WORD2000)

Hi Robie

The reason it worked in Word 97 but not in Word 2000 is that Word 2000 opens new documents as a separate task (so you can Alt-Tab between documents). Word 97 on the other hand opens documents inside the same application.

To get around this problem, you need to change the code so that you refer directly to documents rather than ActiveDocument (because you can have more than one active now)
    An example of the lines of code you might use are below.
    Dim doc1 as Document, doc2 as Document
    Set doc1 = ActiveDocument
    Set doc2 = Documents.Add 'create a new document and add reference to it at same time

Once you have defined the documents, use doc1 and doc2 in the place of ActiveDocument
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand these two lines. Does either of them work correctly in your scenario? What is the parameter that is being passed on the second line? Could it be pointing to the wrong document?

I_AddDocVariables ' Add active doc variables for use
    I_InitialiseAndDisplayDocPropeties (fNewDocument) ' Initialise & display doc properties

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I have complicated matter more than I should have. Just to answer your question - yes those two lines work correctly and all they do is create/add document variables and intialise userform variables. Nothing complex in those two functions.

The other thing I have noticed is that, if I create a new document and save it (i.e. it is still on screen - all I have done is saved it NOT closed it). And then create a new, it DOESN'T switch to the saved document. Everything works as expected and correctly. This perhaps tells me I may somehow contributing to this swich of the document prior to updating the custom document properties.

I will look bit more into it.

Robie
    Thanks.
    Robie

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple document & forms/customs properties (WORD2000)

Post deleted by robie

Sorry, deleted by mistake. I was trying to get rid the whole post as I have now solved my problem. It was to do with intialising the userform in once instance and NOT unloading it.

Thanks for inputs Andrew and JScher.
    Thanks.
    Robie