New Lounger
    Thanks

Slide Master (2000)

I am not able to apply a slide master to a number of slides in an existing presentation. Why?

thxs,
    lj

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide Master (2000)

Need a bit more info.

Are you applying a professionally created POT template, or is it one you made yourself?

What happens when you apply the template to the existing presentation?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am applying a POT that I created...when I apply the template and only a few slides are affected by the changes. thxs

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, thanks. That opens up a couple of possibilities.

The first thing I was thinking is that your POT file did not have the template stuff placed on the Master slide. That often happens when people first create a template -- they don't realize the images, bullets, etc., are specified on the master slide -- and they're stumped when the template features don't "take." That doesn't sound like what's going on here, though, since some of your presentation slides are picking up your template!

One possibility is that your presentation has a number of slides based on the Title Master, yet your template doesn't have a title master. To add one, go to View/Master and then to Insert/New Title Master. Then format that title master to correspond with the rest of the template.

Another possibility is that the slides in question have had some "manual" formatting added -- a background image or color change, for instance. Sometimes you'll have to reapply the slide layout after applying the template in order for the new template's layout to "kick in."

Yet another possibility is that the slides in question were built totally manually. By that, I mean that the text was inserted by adding a textbox and then typing into it as opposed to adding text to the placeholders themselves. Those manual textboxes will have to be changed manually.

Related to the manual textboxes, you might see colors change or not, depending on how the presentation was originally set up and which color swatches were used to specify colors. You can see more info about that on the color schemes pages of my site. (URL's in signature.)