New Lounger
    Thanks

text box's and next record (office2000)

Hello, My name is Mary Ann
    i am working on a word project and it is a 2 up postcard where i have to use a database and i need to use next record merge field but when i use it it say's something like, you cannot include data, next,nextif or skipif fields in comments, headers, footers, footnotes or endnots. i need to be able to use the next record in the text box other wise the next card will have the same name as the card on top. Remember this is a two up card. Please help.
    Thank you,
    Mary ann

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: text box's and next record (office2000)

Hi Mary Ann:
    I confess that I don't know what a 2 up card is. Do you want each name to appear twice on the same card or 2 different names on each card?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Phil,
    It is like a two up postcard in which i will be printing and after i get them cut i will address them but i want to address them as i print them. i want to print different names on each card.
    Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 29-Sep-03 16:21. to inlcude addendum)</P>Hi Mary Ann:
    I'm still confused about what a 2 up postcard is, but it sounds like you want a page with 2 cells on it. If you choose MailMerge/Labels as the type & pick a custom label size, you should be able to get a 1 column 2 row table on the page. When you merge, you should get 2 labels per page. Don't use a text box because you can't use certain fields in a text box. You might be able to use a frame, but I still can't picture what you want. If I'm correct about the 2 postcards per page, then the above solution should work.

Addendum: Another way to get two records on the same page is to use a frame (not a text box) & to place the {next} field before one of the names. Depending upon what paragraph your frame is anchored to, the {Mergefield Name} will be inserted either in the frame first or the main body first. You want the {Next} field to go after the first {Mergefield Name} field. Note that you insert the fields either from the toolbar or with Ctrl+F9, not by typing the brackets.