New Lounger
    Thanks

Subfolders Under Contacts (Outlook XP)

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can display subfolders under Contacts? I have several subfolders under Contacts for organization (Business, Personal, etc.) but they are unrecognized by Outlook when I go to find an address (other than selecting the subfolder from the Folder List). Outlook says it cannot display the Address List. It may have been moved or deleted. Same thing when I pick the Address Book from the menu. I have this working on another PC with Outlook 2000. When I click on To:, the subfolders display and I can select one and addresses are resolved automatically. I did nothing to this PC, it seems to work by default.

Thanks,

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subfolders Under Contacts (Outlook XP)

Bob, your question is a bit unclear, how are you searching for an address, and do you mean street address or e-mail address? In case these tips help:

1. To search through any set of subfolders, use Advanced Find on the top folder and make sure that in the Advanced Find, Browse, dialog, "Search Subfolders" is checked.

2. If your e-mail address book is not seeing the Contacts SubFolders, you will have to check that in each applicable Subfolder Properties, Outlook Address Book tab, "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" is checked, and then you need to open the Address Book, and Under Tools, Options, you need to Add every applicable Contacts Folder.

Post back if this doesn't help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subfolders Under Contacts (Outlook XP)

Thanks John. Sorry I was unclear but I was referring to email addresses. Your second tip did the trick. Thanks much.