New Lounger
    Griffith (Near Chicago), Indiana, USA

Form Help (Access 2000)

I have a form where I enter mailing info for my company (Freq. Form). I want access to automatically put in a contact name in this form so I can just print labels. (I'll have about 500 at a time, too many to do by hand!)

I can get a contact name in there by using a default data but since many of my customers have multiple contacts it only puts in the first one (sorted abc). I want it to put in my primary contact which is defined by a checkbox.

Do anybody have any suggestions on how I could do this?

Can a query automatically update this value? Do I need to do it through code?

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Form Help (Access 2000)

If you have a Yes/No field that specifies the primary contact for a customer, you should be able to create a query that returns those primary contacts. Use the query as record source for the label report. If you want more specific help, you will need to tell us more about the table(s) you are using and their structure (fields and relationships, if relevant).

What do you mean by "Can a query automatically update this value?" Which value should be updated, where, and to what?