New Lounger
    Thanks

Macro to E-Mail (2002)

I am trying to create a button that will send an e-mail to a person. I want that e-mail to be formatted with certain text and a link. In other words, I have a situation where 6 people each take turns reviewing some data and making comments. When one person is finished, I want the next to be notified automatically and provide them a link which will enable direct access for them to make their comments. Thanks...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro to E-Mail (2002)

Wouldn't it be easier to use the File | Send To | Routing recipient feature in Microsoft Word, in combination with the Track changes/Reviewing features?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Didn't think of that. But the question remains; how do I automate it from access?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can control Word from Access using Automation. Our moderator <!profile=WendellB>WendellB<!/profile> has a tutorial on Automation on his website (there is a link in his profile, look for Support > Tutorials). The tutorial contains links to other useful information about the subject.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

use VBA code using the SendObject function. Put the code behind a button on a form. You can get e-mail addresses etc out of the database. Here is a snippet:

'The elements of this following the scSendReport section are:
    'Report Name
    'Report Format
    'To: e-mail address
    'CC: e-mail address
    'BCC: e-mail address
    'Subject
    'Open to edit (-1) or send without editing (0)
    Msg = Msg & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "This message has been automatically generated by the Timetabling Information Management System."
    If Nz(Report, "") <> "" Then
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, Report, acFormatRTF, TargetEmail, , , Subj, Msg, Edit
    Else
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, TargetEmail, , , Subj, Msg, -Edit
    End If