New Lounger
    Thanks

How do I do forms in Excel 2000?

I am looking for some help with Excel Forms - I need to pop-up a form on a spreadsheet, have my customer fill out the form, and have it e-mailed to me - I have no idea where to start?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How do I do forms in Excel 2000?

>> fill out the form, and have it e-mailed to me

Do you want the popup form e-mailed? I wouldn't know how to do that. You can use a form to enter data in a workbook, then e-mail the workbook.

There are different ways of creating (or emulating) a form:
    - You can add dropdown boxes etc. to the worksheet itself.
    - You can create a so-called UserForm; this will "pop up" above the worksheet.

UserForms can look very professional with the correct design, and are very powerful, but they require that you are familiar with Visual Basic programming.

New Lounger
    Thanks

thanks hans,

it sounds like i need to find someone familiar with visual basic - my customer currently opens a spreadsheet, and a window pops up over the spreadsheet, allows him to fill out the information, and then he hits a "send" button to get the info back to his supplier.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That certainly sounds like a UserForm with Visual Basic code behind it to make it work. If you're not familiar with Visual Basic yourself, you might be better off finding someone who is, unless you always were looking for an incentive to start learning it.