Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Formula Problem (excel 2000)

Hello all, at my work I got a strange incident! Somebody have made a excel sheet but the formula is not up-to-date, At row 73 you will she

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange Formula Problem (excel 2000)

Sounds like a corruption in this file.

Save the file as filetype Web page. Then close and reload the web page file. Then save-as normal excel workbook file.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Open the file and then select Options... from the Tools menu. Click on the Calculation tab. In the Calculation section is Automatic selected? If not, select it.

Sorry, I didn't see the attached file when I wrote the original response above. I now see that Calculation is set to Automatic.

It does appear to be corruption as Jan Karel said. I saved the file in HTML format, then opened it and saved it back as .xls and that seemed to fix the problem.
    Legare Coleman

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the post but I don't think this gone work at the office, if everybody must make a html document to check if everything is correct the people wile get crazy!!! But the want to be sure the bills the make are correct. Does somebody have another solution?

Gerwin

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If the workbook is corrupted, as this one appears to be, you are going to have to remove the corruption before it works correctly. The best way to do that is to save the document as an HTML file, then convert it back to a .xls file. You should only have to do this once. If you have many copies of the corrupted workbook, you are going to have to correct all of them also. If the workbooks have not been changed since it was copied, you can just replace all of the copies with a clean copy that does not have the problem. If there have been changes made to the copies, and those changes must be kept, then you are going to have to clean each copy individually.
    Legare Coleman