New Lounger
    Thanks

Access Application Resize (XP)

Does anyone know if it is posible to tell when a user resizes the Access Application? I would like to do some form manipulation when users resize Access.

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Application Resize (XP)

There is no built-in support for this. To do what you want requires advanced programming techniques: you must subclass the application window, then you can trap the WM_SIZE messages that the operating system fires. If this doesn't mean anything to you, you should probably forget about this. To get an idea what is involved, take a look at API: Put an image in Access window on the Access Web. It gives an example of trapping WM_PAINT messages; trapping WM_SIZE would be similar.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In Ken Getz et al book there are classes for manipulating the size of the forms and controls when the window is resized. Maybe that could be helpful.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Actually it is one of the examples in the Getz book that I am hoping to use. There is a 'fake maximise' suggestion for showing a maximised form without the resize button. But this becomes ugly if the use resizes the application, so I would like to be able to call the class again in such a case.
    I have looked at the code example suggested by Hans, and although it is a little more complex than I am used to, Im sure I can work it out with a little effort. It could be the solution I need.

Thanks guys.