New Lounger
    Thanks

Names of distribution group members in received ma (Outlook 2000)

How can you determine the identity of the members of a distribution group in which you are included and have received mail as a member of the group? In other words, how can you determine who else has received the e-mail when only the name of the distribution list is displayed in the "To" field?
    Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Names of distribution group members in received ma (Outlook 2000)

Ask the sender? But seriously, there are two possibilities:

1. <LI>The list is stored on a list server, and the list server doles out the messages one at a time to each list member.
      <LI>The list does not really exist, it is just a placeholder, and the sender put all the addresses in the BCC field. The mail server then sent individual messages to each person in the BCC field.
    In neither case can you determine the contents of the entire list. Exception: you have access to the list server in #1, above, for example, when it is a list on an Exchange Server at your company and you have permission to view its members.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Names of distribution group members in received ma (Outlook 2000)

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what I had told my boss, but she said there must be some way. As an administrator, I can investigate almost anything on our servers, but am somewhat powerless to snoop around on outside servers. We are having a major administrative shake up and it seems everyone suspects that everyone else is up to no good. Probably are...but I don't enjoy being put in the position in which IT folks often find themselves in this situation.
    Thanks for backing me up.