Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Removal (WordXP)

To remove a macro from any template except normal, you must first OPEN the template (either through File/Open or through right clicking in Windows Explorer & then chooseing Open). Then, when you press Alt+F8 to open the macros dialog box, scroll in the "Macros in" dropdown box to that template. You can then delete the macro.
    Cheers,

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Such macros can be removed by:

1. Use Alt F11 to get into VBIDE and modify code, or;
    2. If in a global template in which you cannot access the code, remove the template.

However, I also suspect that the macro may be a execute-only WordBasic macro that was imported into VBA.
    In which case, you will not be able to access the project in which the code lives, but would have to revert to the original pre-VBA template and modify that template BEFORE again using in VBA.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The suggestion from Phil might not work as I am guessing that the MYOB software installed an add-in which is locked so you can't get at the macros. This is standard practice for commercial software as the software developers want to preserve their IP and not let you see their code. Global loaded templates don't let you edit code even when the project is not locked. In order to have a chance of getting at the code, you have to open the template directly rather than just relying on the fact that it is loaded globally.

You can disable all their macros at once by disabling the add-in (Under Tools > Templates and Add-ins) but that may not be what you want to do.

If you can get at the code and remove the one macro, do some testing because that macro might be called by other macros in the same set. The description I see in your screen capture makes me nervous about deleting the code.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks guys for your assistance, I tried Phil's solution, but as Andrew has pointed out, a password is requested to allow me to delete this particular macro. It seems I may need to contact MYOB for a solution to this problem.

Neville

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Removal (WordXP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 04-Oct-03 23:16. Picture trimmed to browser-friendly width.)</P>Hi,

I have a macro (launchmyob16) that has installed from MYOB? that I would like to remove but I can't find a way of doing this. The remove button is greyed out.

Can anyone supply a solution for the removal of this macro please?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Neville

Why do you want to remove one of the macros? I am guessing but I think that if you kill that code (supposing you could) then the other macros in that template might not work either.

PS. Are you any relation to Michael Wenban now living in Ballina?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Andrew,

I am continually getting a warning message when I start Word and I can't find a way of turning it off so I figured it would be simpler just to delete the macro...(so I thought!)

Re PS Not that I know of, I do have a brother Terry in Brisbane.

Thanks for you advice so far.

Neville

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps you're security settings (Tools/Macros/Macros/Security) are set to high. Try setting then ti medium. The add-in. I assume, is something that you installed. If you want to see if that's causing your warning message, follow the steps in <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>.
    Cheers,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Phil,

The security setiing is already at medium ( I'm not keen on setting it to low)
    The addin was added by MYOB accounting software (I'm unlikely to use it with Word), but I'll work through post 197827 and see what I can resolve.

Neville

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Neville

If you dont want the MYOB features in Word then you can kill the entire addin. Find out what the name of the addin is by looking under Tools > Templates and Addins. Once you know the filename, close Word and then use Windows Explorer to find the file on your hard disk. Delete the file (or move it to another directory).

That should stop the error because Word won't try to load the addin each time you start Word.

This won't damage your MYOB application itself, just the ability to interface MYOB with Word.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Andrew, I've located the macro & changed the extention to "old" and it's fixed the problem.

Neville