New Lounger
    Thanks

Blank pop up link pages (Windows XP Pro, Explorer 6)

My problem is displaying 'blank' pages when thumbnail photos are enlarged (via a link) on most websites. My client has advised that this was working correctly, whilst on a Freeserve ISP but since she has 'installed' from CD, the "blueyonder ISP" the problem has arrived. I suspect some browser settings have changed but I am at a loss as to what the cause is.

To give an example of the problem, I have attempted to access a website to which I am the author. The site being http://www.degema.co.uk. If you go to the Picture Gallery section and expand the thumbnails until you get the 'pop up' windows of larger images, it is these that appear totally blank with a white background. However, if I look at URL for the link to the .jpg image itself, the image displays (minus the correct frame sizing, background colour, Close and Print this page buttons). Am I therefore to assume that there maybe some 'Java' issues with my browser?

The website was designed in Dreamweaver MX. The pop ups are accessed using the behaviours (open browser window - upon click). The buttons in question use the following java command "java script:window.close() and java script:window.print()" and are basic grey .gif images.

I have attached a copy of the source code for the offending page (my example) hopefully to shed some light on the blank page problem. If anyone can assist I would be very grateful indeed.

Regards

Ray
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Blank pop up link pages (Windows XP Pro, Explorer 6)

Sample URL: http://www.degema.co.uk/html files/woodgrain_windows/woodgrain _window_gallery.htm

Could it be a faulty pop-up blocker? I don't see any problem with the page in my test.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid its nothing quite that simple. We have no Pop up stopping software.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

We have this problem on a group of Windows 2000 Professional PCs that have something odd in the settings. It started just after we upgraded to IE 6.0. The fix we've used is:

Click Start, and then click Run. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

I don't know if this works on XP, though.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lorretta,
    I owe you one! Thanks. One job solved.
    Kind Regards
    Ray