2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shutdown problem

I'm running Windows 98 SE on a Dell Dimension XPS T600 (Pentium III) w/384 MB RAM. Often, when I shutdown my system, I get a message on-screen reporting that "Wnd for RNAdmin" is not responding. Sometimes I can clear the problem by selecting "End Task", other times the system just hangs and I wind up shutting down or resetting w/o Windows having gone through it's shutdown routine. This, of course, leads to the OS going through ScanDisk upon start-up/re-start.

I'd like to know what "Wnd for RNAdmin" means & refers to; and if there is something I can do to remedy the problem? I hope a re-install is not in order.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shutdown problem

This has to do with the RealOne player.

If you don't really need the RealOne player, I recommend completely uninstalling it.

If you would like to keep it, there are some things you can try:

- Open RealOne player, select Tools | Preferences..., and clear all check boxes under Automatic Services and AutoUpdate.

- Click the Windows Start button, select Run..., type msconfig, then press Enter. Activate the Startup tab and clear all check boxes that seem related to Real.

- Locate RealSched.exe (probably in C:Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate_OB. Rename or delete this file. RealOne player should be able to run without it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shutdown problem

Hans,

Thanks for the information. I'm at work right now and will take your advice as soon as I get off-duty and return home.

Thanks again,

-Steve-

Banned Member
    Thanks