Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Won't Open (XP)

I installed XP and when I try to open Outlook, I get a message that says "Outlook requires Outlook Exress ver. 4.01 or greater. Please install Outlook Express from IESetup.exe or install from the CD. But I use OE version 6 Can someone tell me what's up?

Thanks,

Kiddo

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Won't Open (XP)

Do you, by any chance have Outlook Express installed somewhere other than your present default Program Files directory? If so, this would be a reason for the message - as the registry key for Outlook Express refers to %ProgramFiles% - rather than to C:Program Files..... HopeThisHelps
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

Actually I don't know. I don't recall changing it, but that could be it. Where would I check it? AFter I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, it's now doing the same thing to my O2K, it opens after the error message though. I don'tknow what happened....

TIA,

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The Registry Key to check is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionApp PathsProgramFilesDir.
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

Here's what mine says: %ProgramFiles%Outlook Express

Is that right?
    Thx,
    Rita

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The question is: Does the value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionApp PathsProgramFilesDir give the name of the folder immediately above the Outlook Express folder?

IOW: if HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionApp PathsProgramFilesDir says "D:Program Files", is the Outlook Express folder "D:Program FilesOutlook Express" - or if the Registry value is "G:Browser", is the Outlook Express folder "G:BrowserOutlook Express"?
    Gre