2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 'Runtime Error' when using PDFmaker? (2002 SP-2)

I'm having problems converting a particular document to PDF using PDFMaker 5.0 The error message I get (attached) occurs once the "printing" stage of conversion begins. Word simply dies.

I've used the usual tricks to (try to) eliminate corrupt section breaks and "end of file" marks, but no dice. Has anyone out here encountered a similar problem?

The document in question is set up for PDF bookmarks and TOC links. Interestingly, I can successfully generate the PDF file using one or the other, but not both.

Any opinions as to if this is a PDFmaker problem or Word poblem?

Thanks,
    Arianna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 'Runtime Error' when using PDFmaker? (2002 SP-2)

See MSKB article 324043. This article contains a link to an update by Adobe.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. I should have noted that I have already Acrobat 5.0.5---upgrading to this version is one of the solutions offered in the KB article.

The other workarounds (disabling a certain part of my antivirus software; relocating pdfmaker.dot) don't seem appropriate in this case, as the problem does not occur in all cases-- rather, only with a particular docucment.

The good news is that I have found that when the process fails, an (apparently) complete PDF file is dumped in my Temp folder. It seems that Word is crapping out after the PDF generation is complete. Weird...

Still, the suggestion is much appreciated...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If it only happens with one document, and if the PDF you recovered from the Temp folder is intact, it probably isn't worthwile to investigate it further. Don't hesitate to post back if you have more problems.