2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Modifying ADDRESSBLOCK field (Word XP French)

Hi,
    French version of Word does not give me the proper layout when inserting an address. It is using the French way of writing an address but here in Canada we write it just like in the states. I would like to be able to modify the address layout. When doing a mailmerge the field ADDRESSBLOCK is inserted in my letter. How can I modify this field?
    AND
    I think it is the same field that inserts an address in a document when I use the Insert Address button on the standard toolbar.

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Modifying ADDRESSBLOCK field (Word XP French)

It is probably easiest to insert individual merge fields in the correct layout, instead of the ADDRESSBLOCK field.

Alternatively, press Alt+F9 to display field codes, then edit the field code, and press Alt+F9 to hide field codes again. I must admit, however, that I have never tried this myself. I always use the first method.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi JC:
    In my version (2000), the address layout is controlled by an AutoText entry called "AddressLayout". It may be called something different in French. Does this article help?
    Cheers,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, thanks Phil.
    It would help if I could have a list of all the fields. I am trying to insert the "saluation" i.e. Mr. Ms. as well. I looked and can't find what it on the MS site. Any idea where I could find it.
    Thanks again.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoText AddressLayout Fields (Word 2K)

Hi JC:
    I believe that I got this from WOW, but I can't recall which one.

In the following list, use the Address Property Name for the associated Outlook Contact Field when modifying the "AddressLayout" AutoText entry in Word.
    <table border=1><td align=center valign=top>address property name</td><td align=center valign=top>outlook contact field</td><td valign=top><PR_BEEPER_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Pager</td><td valign=top><PR_BUSINESS_FAX_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Business Fax</td><td valign=top><PR_CAR_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Car</td><td valign=top><PR_CELLULAR_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Mobile</td><td valign=top><PR_COMPANY_NAME></td><td valign=top>Company</td><td valign=top><PR_COUNTRY></td><td valign=top>Country (in "This is the mailing</td><td valign=top>address" - details)</td><td valign=top></td><td valign=top><PR_DEPARTMENT_NAME></td><td valign=top>Department (on the details page)</td><td valign=top><PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX></td><td valign=top>Title (Mr., Mrs., Ms.)</td><td valign=top><PR_DISPLAY_NAME></td><td valign=top>Full Name (First Middle Last)</td><td valign=top><PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS></td><td valign=top>E-mail</td><td valign=top><PR_GIVEN_NAME></td><td valign=top>Full Name details(First)</td><td valign=top><PR_HOME_FAX_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Home Fax</td><td valign=top><PR_HOME_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Home</td><td valign=top><PR_LOCALITY></td><td valign=top>City (in "This is the mailing address" - details)</td><td valign=top><PR_OFFICE_LOCATION></td><td valign=top>Office (on Details page)</td><td valign=top><PR_OFFICE_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Business</td><td valign=top><PR_OFFICE2_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Business2</td><td valign=top><PR_OTHER_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Other</td><td valign=top><PR_POSTAL_CODE></td><td valign=top>Zip/Postal Code (in "This is the mailing address" - details)</td><td valign=top><PR_PRIMARY_FAX_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Other Fax</td><td valign=top><PR_RADIO_TELEPHONE_NUMBER></td><td valign=top>Radio</td><td valign=top><PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE></td><td valign=top>State/Province (in "This is the mailing address" - details)</td><td valign=top><PR_STREET_ADDRESS></td><td valign=top>Street (in "This is the mailing address" - details)</td><td valign=top><PR_SURNAME></td><td valign=top>Full name details(last)</td><td valign=top><PR_TITLE></td><td valign=top>Job Title</td></table>
    Please note that I haven't checked these. Hope this helps,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow, that is a lot more than I expected. Thank you very much.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is a useful thread to assist you with the addresslayout option. <post#=256688>post 256688</post#> . The salutation is included in the "display name". I found that the KB article does not include all the fields you'd want (as they are not all available from within Word)
    I've yet to find out how to modify the "Addressblock" while performing a merge.