2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page margins (2000)

I have a report which on my computer I have designed with top and bottom margins of 15mm and left and right of 8mm (using file....page setup)

When I run the report on another computer, with a different printer attached, the report expands to margins of 25mm all round. I can modify the margins and it prints correctly, so doesn't seem to be a minimum value allowed for the printer.

Is there a method of setting the page margins for a report so that they remain constant, no matter which printer the report is sent to.

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page margins (2000)

Format and save the report for the default printer, not a specific printer. That should allow it to hold its margins. However, be careful of bottom margins, since duplexing printers require a wider bottom margin in order to grab the page and run it through again. Even if the report is not being printed duplexed, a printer with that feature enabled will still require that wide bottom margin ... or right margin in a landscape report.
    Charlotte

Thanks

Re: Page margins (2000)

Another thought -
    Do you have SP1 installed?
    There was a bug where Name Autocorrect used to reset margins on Reports so either apply SP1 or turn off Name Autocorrect (which is a sensible thing to do anyway).
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro