New Lounger
    Thanks

Sync PSTs on 2 computers (2002)

Is there an easy way or add-in available to synchronize Outlook files residing on two different computers (e.g., merge mail items from same accounts from two different computers)?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sync PSTs on 2 computers (2002)

Are you looking to maintain 2 .PST files or one? The simpler option would be to use just one - providing that your computers are networked.
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank for the interest in my situation. That is: I own a small business and process my e-mail at work; I also pull my e-mail and make replies from home (small business means all-hours business :-). The two computers are not on the same network ( well, I'll take that back: they are both connected to Internet via broadband).

Thanks for helping.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know whther your resources run to this, but what I would suggest is having some sort of of removable drive that you could transport from one machine to the other - a zip, micro drive, flash memory (?) or whatever. You could then setup Outlook on each machine to read the PST from the removable drive.

Naturally, you'd need to back up to the local hard drive each morning and evening before going to the other location. My instinct would be to have the data held on the removable drive - with backups to the hard drives - rather than the other way around - but your preferences may be different.

If you need more step by step help - say on getting Outlook to read to the removable drive - please post back. Your available choice of removable drive will be governed by how big your PST file is. (This in turn will reflect on how often you are able to archive old data, and how often you compress the file.) You will also probably want to check out your usual hardware supplier or Google to see what kind of price range applies.

HTH
    Gre