New Lounger
    Thanks

Show all predecessors to a milestone (2002)

Hi everyone,
    Is there any way to get Project to filter to show all predecessors to a milestone?

I have a big milestone coming up in 1 month. It has predecessors which are spread all throughout the project. It would be great to filter and just show those. Also, if possible, it would be especially great if I could get these and set the priority on just these tasks to be higher. Any ideas?

thanks
    PaulaG

Thanks

Re: Show all predecessors to a milestone (2002)

A quick (brute force)solution to this is to go to each of the predecessors and insert a unique code (i.e., Milestone xyz) in a text box. Then create a filter on all text boxes with the name you created.

Another option is to create a filter that prompts you for the successor of given tasks. Then when you put in the successor id, you should, in theory, get all predecessors. (In your case you would put in your Milestone Id and the filter would return all of the associated taks.) This can be re-used on any project. Try looking at the pre-set filters and modify one.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Show all predecessors to a milestone (2002)

Great - I tried the first method and it worked. Thanks.

It looks like those Text boxes can be pretty handy. How else would you use them? For other info on which you want to filter?

Thanks so much,
    PaulaG