New Lounger
    Thanks

On click go to new slide? (2000)

i am creating a slide show and i need it to be like this. on slide 9 the first click brings up text box 1, the next click should take you to slide 10 where a graph is, next click takes you back to slide 9, next click revela stext box 2 on slide 9, next click takes you to slide 11 where a graph is, next click back to slide 9 etc. I CAN NOT HAVE LINKS, the presenter will not be able to click the links, he needs a way that when he hit the down arrow or something to get to the next point it takes him back and forth between the different slides? is this possible?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: On click go to new slide? (2000)

Why not just make multiple copies of Slide 9, put them at the appropriate places in the presentation, and animate the text boxes as appropriate for each one?

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

the only problem with that is that i then need to make 2 presentations. 1 for the print out verison w/o the duplicates of slide 9 and 1 version that has all the info in it too.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is the reason you don't want to use links is that the presenter will not have use of a mouse?

By pressing the slide number and then enter, (I use the number pad on the keyboard rather than the numbers along the top)that will take the presenter to the required slide.

New Lounger
    Thanks

You can still do it with one show. Whatever you are printing, slides, handouts, notes pages you can specify to leave a slide out in the print dialog. If you have 20 slides tell it to print "1-10,12-20".

If you have to print it repeatedly over time, create a custom show by going to the menu Slide Show>Custom Shows... In the dialog that opens, choose "New" Then in the Define Custom Show dialog, name it "For printing" or whatever you want. The just move slides you want to print from the "Slides In Presentation" window on the left to the "Slides in Custom Show" window on the right. The next time you go to print, you will have the option of just choosing the custom show. Custom show is good when your presentation varies a little depending on the audience. You can have as many variations as you want and still just have one file.

Happy clicking!

Jim

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Did you happen to post this on the MS PowerPoint newsgroup as well? I seem to recall seeing the same question there, and I thought it did receive some responses. So if you haven't checked those yet, you might see if they're still available.