New Lounger
    Thanks

Word changing styles using listbox (2000)

There are a few dialogue boxes in Word 2000 I absolutely hate (this from a guy who's got several of his toolbar buttons aligned the way they were in v. 2.0). One is the styles dialogue; I avoid it whenever possible. My question concerns the much easier and quicker "Update the style to reflect recent changes" dialogue method, i.e.: change the text I'm working on; drop down the style list from the listbox in the formatting toolbar; click on the subject style; and then click "Yeah I wanna do that" (or click to that effect). My problem is that several styles will never show up on the list from the listbox, necessitating about 400 clicks (give or take) to open the full-blown styles dialogue, click "Modify," "format," "modify," tear hair out, etc. One style, for example, that never shows up is "footnote text," no matter where I am in the document. I admit, I've been a lounger in need only, and my one previous post was answered at the speed of plain text by Mr. Phil. I suppose there's good reason, for example, not to allow "Normal" to be easily modified this way, but my question is: Is there any way to get these lurking styles to show up in the listbox list, to allow them to be modified the easy way? Stylistically yours, Ken Tager

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word changing styles using listbox (2000)

Press and hold the Shift key, then click the down-arrow next to the styles drop-down list box. This will cause it to display all styles.

StuartR

Thanks

Re: Word changing styles using listbox (2000)

An alternative question might be, is there a way to write a quick keystroke macro to do the same thing (either the pop up the dialog for the current style or to just do it)? I'm sure it's possible, but my archive of interesting dialog code is offline at the moment.