New Lounger
    Thanks

Comments for Review (Word 97)

Here's what I'm trying to do overall, and this may be the wrong way to do it.

Allow a user to open a document, and make changes, then to save it they run my macro rather than saving directly. This dumps it into another directory for 'review' (I think I can manage this bit). What I want then is for the documents for review to be opened, checked as OK, or any changes made (all manual, no probs with that), and then save this as a new version of the document, and move to it's original location.

I'd like to be able to give the user the option to put in a comment, which could then be saved in the version, however, as it's not saving the version until the document is reviewed, any ideas where I could save this comment? (I'm OK with how to display an input box to get the user to put this in).

Hope this makes sense, and isn't too involved!

Thanks, Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comments for Review (Word 97)

The normal place for this kind of thing is in a Document Variable. These are document specific and can only be read or written by VBA (or inserted into the document with a DocVariable field)

ActiveDocument.Variables.Add Name:="SRComment", Value:="Here's a new version for you"

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comments for Review (Word 97)

Nice, I wondered about using Custom Fields, but couldn't find a way to manipulate these in VBA, but this seems perfect.

Thanks a lot!