New Lounger
    Thanks

Sending address group to someone else (2000)

I need to get an address group from one PC to another. The receiving PC uses Outlook 2000. I don't know the version of Outlook on the originating PC. I do know it is Outlook and not Outlook Express. I am doing testing on the Outlook 2000 machine to figure out how to do this and hope it works on the other PC.

I tried export of contacts with a filter, which created a nice .pst file. I was able to open this and use it. However when I sent the .pst file as an email attachment, I could not use the received file. (I sent it to myself.)

If I saved it with a new name, then try to open it, I get two error messasges:
    - Personal folders
    Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use.
    - Microsoft Outlook
    File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C: . . . .pst

If I try to save it with the original name, I get the following error message:
    - Microsoft Outlook
    Outlook cannot save the URL to a file.

What should I do?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending address group to someone else (2000)

If you are running Windows NT/2000/XP, you may have to redefine the access permissions to the file. Right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and select Properties. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending address group to someone else (2000)

Yes, that works. The email system changed it to read only and archive. Unchecking both solved this. Thanks.