New Lounger
    Thanks

WordArt blank fill (Office 2000)

Using Word or PowerPoint on a windows 98 SE computer I am servicing , the following "glitch" happens.
    Click WordArt, choose anything colorful, edit the text,and OK. What appears on the screen is the Wordart with White fill and thin black border. Right click it and you can see that the fill is properly defined and if printed WILL show the correct color fill.
    But why don't the colors show on THE SCREEN? I've tried different screen resolutions, no joy. If I insert a regular picture or format regular text to be ,say, blue the colors appear on screen. Just the wordart displays blank.
    I have also removed and reinstalled Office, and it's the same blank wordart on screen. Ideas?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordArt blank fill (Office 2000)

I cannot reproduce the glitch (Dell OptiPlex GX1, 64 MB RAM, Win98SE, Office2000 SP3).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could it be a resources problem? WordArt is very resource-hungry, on my previous PC I sometimes had problems with it.
    The video card/video drivers may also play a part. You might check if the drivers are up-to-date.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Correct, on most computers wordart does not display without the colors. I am trying to figure out why on this one computer it displays INcorrectly.
    Thanks for trying
    all the best
    Shalom

New Lounger
    Thanks

Inreply to HansV's comment - A resources problem is a strong possibility,though othe pictures do display in full color.
    What would you say is minimum requirements for the video card. The machine has 64 M Ram but an old video card.
    Many thanks
    Shalom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I had 8 MB memory on the video card in my previous PC, and as mentioned, sometimes ran into problems with WordArt (screen wouldn't update correctly). I hope that others will react too, I am not a hardware expert.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Interesting, HansV, it could be an old 8 M card.
    Let's see what other input I get.
    Many thanks,
    Shalom
    PS I'll be out for a few hours ,will check in later, keep those ideas coming!
    Peace