4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office & Works / Necessary? (Any)

People,

Microsoft Office & Microsoft Works . . . are they really necessary? I guess my basic question is, does Microsoft Works 7.0 have to be installed on my PC for Microsoft apps to function. Can I simply have Microsoft Word & maybe one or two other MS apps loaded & functional on their own.

Thanks,

mark4man

BTW - Works 7.0 came loaded on my PC (Dell 8250); & I was hoping to trim the fat.
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office & Works / Necessary? (Any)

Microsoft Works is a suite of programs that includes Microsoft Word. Microsoft Office is another suite of programs that includes Microsoft Word. Apart from this overlap, they have nothing to do with each other; you don't need to have one installed to use the other; also, you don't need to install the entire Office suite, you can install one or two of its applications if you like (but some of the common components of Office will have to be installed even if you only use one Office application)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office & Works / Necessary? (Any)

HansV,

Thanks much.

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012