2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report problems (2000 SR-1)

I'm producing a report with three columns. The first two columns have repeating values, so I use the Hide Duplicates setting to restrict the output. The third column is a subreport that shows a variable value that is associated with the first two columns. I'm trying to set up the report so that there are no spaces between the third column values (that is, they line up vertically at the top of the column).

I have two problems:

-- In the second column, the output is cut off. This is description field that often has a lot of text. It has worked before but it's not working now. I've checked the limitation settings, like the height and Can Grow settings, and they all seem OK.

-- The third column produces the subreport output I want, but it's also repeating it for each actual (as opposed to visible ) record in the report.

For example, Row 1 Column 1 will have A, Row 1 Column 2 will have B, and Row 1 Column 3 will have C, D, E, and F in a column. Then, Rows 2, 3, and 4 will just have C, D, E and F in Column 3.

I've tried turning off the Hide Duplicates setting in the subreport, but have had no luck.

Thanks,
    Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report problems (2000 SR-1)

1. Make sure that the Can Grow property is set to Yes not only for the text boxes, but for the Detail section as well.

2. Hide Duplicates is not a property of a subreport. Instead, make the record source of the main report return unique values. If the record source is a table, create a query based on the table and use the query as record source instead of the table. So we may assume that the record source is a query (or an SQL string.) Edit this query and set its Unique Values property to Yes.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report problems (2000 SR-1)

I tried both of your suggestions with no luck. For the second issue, the record source was a query. I changed the Unique Values setting to Yes as you suggested.

I've attached a sample report that might show better what's going on. I've scrambled some of the text, but it still shows the repeating values in the third column.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files