New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,start up program menu (home xp)

Hi, I am certain that i ought ot know how to do this... i run my notebook in 800*600 and clicking start programmes now fills the screen and some progs cannot be seen....how do i create a folder on the programmes screen that will allow me to shove unused programs into one place thus creating more room... I tried customise...but does not seem to let me organise the program listings.
    cheers
    cobwebs

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hi,start up program menu (home xp)

If you right-click on the Start Menu button and then choose Explore, it will open a Windows Explorer view of the Start Menu of the LOGGED ON user. Double-click Programs in the left pane and it will show you all the programs on the Start Menu. You can then create any folders you'd like and drag-and-drop things to create a less cluttered setup. Keep in mind the previous comment about the LOGGED ON user, because depending on how you've been installing software apps, you may have to (want to) repeat this process in the ALL USERS profile in the left pane. Let us know how you're making out or if you have further questions.

Last but not least, is a possible "long term" problem this type of rearrangement creates. At some point in the future when (if) you UN-INSTALL a software program, its un-installer program may not find the Start Menu elements because you have moved their locations. For me, that's not a big deal because I always check the Start Menu for remnants after I remove a piece of software.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hi,start up program menu (home xp)

Many thanks. It is all sorted now. I realise what I was doing wrong... not going to all users...hence not finding the programmes to alter. Most grateful.

Best wishes
    cobwebs