Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Exit from form (Access 97)

Is there a way to disable the Close Window button at the top right hand side of the form?

I have a button on the form to exit, and I want to exclude users from exitting by the top RH close button.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exit from form (Access 97)

Hi

Under Properties for the Form in Format there is a close button option. Set to No and this do the trick.

Regards
    WTH

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, but what you suggested does not work, I had already tried that.

I forgot to mention that this form is maximized. I may have to run the form not maximized as the Close set to No then seems to work, but not when it's maximized.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is no way to hide the close button on a maximized form; this is not an Access issue, but a result of the way Windows handles a multiple document interface application.

There is a kludge to display a form "restored maximized", see API: Remove Close button from maximized forms, but it has unpleasant side effects - the form may shift suddenly. I prefer to prevent the user from closing a form by clicking the "x". See the thread starting with <post#=301348>post 301348</post#> for a way to do that - <!profile=ready4data>ready4data<!/profile> posted a demo.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

Well I didn't know about that little issue of the close button becoming reactivated when the form is maximised. I think I will need to recheck some DBs to ensure a user can't maximise a form and then use the close button!

We live and learn!

Regards
    WTH