2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Viewing Two Worksheets on Different Monitors (2002)

Hi there,
    I have an additional monitor connected to my laptop to give me more freedom when cutting and pasting from multiple documents or applications. What I would like to do is have one document of the same aplicaiton open in each window and then drag accross the text from one document (screen) to the other. I got help from the Word site to do it in word (Tools-Options-Windows in Taskbar 'tick'). However, I am having trouble with excell. The only way to do it at the moment is to open two sessions of Excel....is the an easy way to fix this in excell??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Two Worksheets on Different Monitors (2002)

Is it possible to resize the Excel application window to extend over both monitors? If so, you could arrange the windows the way you like (they shouldn't be maximized within Excel).

Otherwise, starting two instances of Excel is probably the only way. Excel doesn't try to emulate a single-document interface the way Word does.

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Two Worksheets on Different Monitors (2002)

Hans,

Thanks for your response. I can stretch over two windows but it is not so elegant. I will convert my window frams as being top and bottom, not side by side and then tile the files. I think I will typically start another application if this does nto work well.