2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using a Macro to copy data (2000 or 2002)

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I don't have time right now read through the posts.

What I would like to do is create a master spreadsheet filled with all my data. Then, from time to time, copy various portions of the spreadsheet into a new spreadsheet. For example, if the cell in my "pointer" column contains the word RED, all data in that row would copy into a new spreadsheet. Any instance of the word RED in the "pointer" column would cause the entire line of data to be copied into a new spreadsheet.

I don't have the choice of using Access, where it would be a piece of cake to write queries, and I don't know enough about VBA to know if a macro could be written that would accomplish my objective.

The macro (or whichever function) would need to work in both Excel 2000 and Excel 2002.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

If anyone has a clue

Thanks

Re: Using a Macro to copy data (2000 or 2002)

You can do this "realtively easily" without a macro just using FILTERing:

Data - filter - autofilter could be used to filter the data and only show the required rows. Then select the data and copy and paste it to another sheet.

You could use data-filter -advanced filter, to copy to another location, but you must first copy it to the active sheet then move it.

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using a Macro to copy data (2000 or 2002)

Steve,

Thank you!! I have just been experimenting with filtering, and it does exactly what I wanted to do.

Caniac