2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlink not a hyperlink (PowerPoint 2000)

I'm inserting a hyperlink in a Powerpoint presentation -- a link from the text of one of my bulleted points to a different slide. The link works fine -- however, I don't want the text to LOOK like a link. I can change the color of the hyperlink text (FORMAT - SLIDE COLOR SCHEME) so that it matches the rest of the text on that slide, but I can't get rid of that underline under the text that hyperlinks put in by default. Is there an option to make it so the hyperlink will work, but not LOOK like a hyperlink?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink not a hyperlink (PowerPoint 2000)

I may have solved my own problem. I discontinued linking the hyperlink to the text of my bullet point. Instead, I put in two spaces at the end of my text. Then I made those two SPACES the hyperlink to my other slide. With the space itself as a hyperlink, it doesn't show any formatting -- the mouse simply changes to the "hand" of the hyperlink. That works for now.

Thanks anyway

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlink not a hyperlink (PowerPoint 2000)

Glad you've solved your link problem. For your interest, there is another way which may be of use here, or in other situations.
    Action buttons allow 'mouse over' actions which include linking to somewhere.
    So you could..
    1. Insert an action button which covers that part of the text you want to be a link. The action of inserting it brings up the action menu which allows you to set the 'mouse over' action.
    2. Format the action button so it is invisible ie select No Fill for the colour and No Line for the outline. This reveals the underlying text again.
    Now, when you run this as a slide show, simply moving the mouse over 'the text' links you to your target destination.
    HTH
    Silverback