Star Lounger
    Thanks

importing address book

I have my address book superorganized into folders. When I import it into my laptop (to update before going out of town) all are lumped together. Is there a way to import a folder-organized address book?<font face="Comic Sans MS">text</font face=comic>

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

mick729

Re: importing address book

[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]When I have entered addresses into my address book why do I have to keep retyping them, like when I send an email card for instance. I never can seem to get the address book to work properly. I am a newbie can't you tell?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

what happens if you select the To button? can you select the address. Also, outlook express uses autocomplete and typing the begiing of a name should bring up the correct one after a few letters.

BTW - the address book is only for use with the mail program - your use of "email card" makes me wonder if you are wanting to use it to send cards from websites.

PS - I often type in short, easy to remember addresses. It's faster than looking it up in the address book.

jmatt

http://www.sover.net/~whoi/WinUtils3.html

Panic Over ( POP ) saves your email, address book, favorites
    and docs so you can restore them after a reload of
    Windows 98. You must have a D or E drive to run this program.

maxg

Why not just copy the Address book file? The default location is C:WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftAddress BookAddrBook.wab.