Star Lounger
    Thanks

importing address book

I have my address book superorganized into folders. When I import it into my laptop (to update before going out of town) all are lumped together. Is there a way to import a folder-organized address book?<font face="Comic Sans MS">text</font face=comic>

mick729

Re: importing address book

[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]When I have entered addresses into my address book why do I have to keep retyping them, like when I send an email card for instance. I never can seem to get the address book to work properly. I am a newbie can't you tell?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

what happens if you select the To button? can you select the address. Also, outlook express uses autocomplete and typing the begiing of a name should bring up the correct one after a few letters.

BTW - the address book is only for use with the mail program - your use of "email card" makes me wonder if you are wanting to use it to send cards from websites.

PS - I often type in short, easy to remember addresses. It's faster than looking it up in the address book.

jmatt

http://www.sover.net/~whoi/WinUtils3.html

Panic Over ( POP ) saves your email, address book, favorites
    and docs so you can restore them after a reload of
    Windows 98. You must have a D or E drive to run this program.

maxg

Why not just copy the Address book file? The default location is C:WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftAddress BookAddrBook.wab.