3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Printing Wide Pages (IE6 SP1)

I'm sure this has been covered before but without search facility I can't find a reference.

Almost all of the pages I try to print extend beyond the right margin of the paper, sometimes by a considerable amount, and therefore text is missing.

Is there a setting that allows for zoom or an add-in that corrects the problem? Or should I try a different browser?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing Wide Pages (IE6 SP1)

This is a problem with the genric drive that IE uses and different printers. I have also found that the webpages that use "Fixed" page widths I have more problems with.
    The only real work around, is to copy and paste into Word or such and print from there.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

There may be some workarounds, but Dave can say whether they are as good as printing into Word. Using Word for difficult printing setups including wide pages and windows that don't show you the whole page or let you scroll the whole page-- that give you a hard time has helped me several times.

Printing Wide Web Pages PC Mag Neil Rubenking September 2003 using .pdf995 Free and $10 to lose the adds

Tips For Printing Web Documents UC BoulderB

SMBP

Thanks

I generally preview and if I see the page designer intended a landscape orientation, switch to landscape before printing. Other methods just don't seem to be worth the time they require.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Will printing in landscape handle every situation for you--or are there times when that just won't work? If so then do you go to Word?

SMBP

Thanks

Occasionally the page design will exceed 100% of the width of the page due to extremely retarded HTML coding (this actually can be caused by some of the themes in previous versions of FrontPage where one column is set to, say, 5% of the width of the page, and the other is set to, say, 100% of the width of the page). In that case, landscape does not work and workarounds must be employed.