New Lounger
    Thanks

Enterprise Project Management Solution (Project 2002 Professional)

I am currently trying to manage many multiple projects in a rapidly changing IT development environment using MS Project 2000. By using this package geared towards an individual rather then a group dynamic, I have been having trouble keeping up with changes :-) So I am currently writing a proposal to upgrade to MS Project Professional and MS Project 2002 Server, to take advantage of utilizing the enterprise project management solutions now available. Through the Web Access module I thought team collaboration would be much easier.

I wanted to know if anyone has gone through this upgrade, I am having trouble finding support and documentation for making the right decisions. Is Microsoft's Enterprise Solution the best one on the market, or do you know of any other Enterprise Solution packages that might be worth checking into? What sort of bugs have been discovered, any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Enterprise Project Management Solution (Project 2002 Professional)

I don't have any personal experience with the Enterprise version of Project, but the basis for much of it is SQL Server and some of the .NET tools where the Web Access interface is used. There have been several recent threads about Project Server. My recomendation would be to look at the 2003 version, as it should benefit from the SharePoint Services - if you havent seen the 2003 preview info you can check it out.

Another package that evolved from the construction industry is Primevera, and you can read about their Enterprise Version here.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Enterprise Project Management Solution (Project 2002 Professional)

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked at primavera, it seems you can import your project 2000 files. Has anyone used Primavera, is it better then the new MS Enterprise Solution? Does anyone know the advantages/ disadvantages of using one vs the other?

Thanks,