Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create an AutoRun CD (XP)

I have a PowerPoint presentation which I want to burn onto a cd and have it automatically run when a person inserts it into a cd drive. I have tried numerous things but nothing is working. I have tried creating the inf file but I must still be doing something wrong. There are numerous sites on the internet that I have been to, but all instructions are different. Not sure what I should be doing. Does anyone have any suggestions simple and easy instructions to follow. Greatly appreciate any tips.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create an AutoRun CD (XP)

This isn't perfect, but it will work. I'm doing this with PowerPoint 2000. I think it's still the same, or pretty close to the same in XP but I can't verify from where I am at the moment.. This is what i've done. Your Autorun.inf file needs to point to an *.exe file. The pack and go wizard in PowerPoint will create a usable file. In PowerPoint, go to File> Pack and Go... As you go through the wizard, choose a location on your computer and choose to include the "Viewer for Windows 95 or NT" The viewer allows the files to be seen as a show even on computers that don't have PowerPoint installed. When you've finished the wizard it will have created a file named 'pngsetup.exe' in the location you specified. NOTE: We're not quite done yet

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create an AutoRun CD (XP)

The setup for an autorun CD using the new PPT Viewer is different than it was when using the old PPT Viewer You do still need an autorun INF file, yes.

If you're using PPT 2003 (which will be released Tuesday, October 21), there's a new "Package for CD" feature which will create this for you and pull all your files together, similar to how Pack and Go used to work. (Yea! There's no more "Pack and Go" in the new PPT 2003!)

If you are using PPT 2002 (aka XP), you have to create that manually and pull the 7 Viewer files (for the new Viewer) or the mmm, 21 (?) Viewer files (for the old Viewer) in together manually as well. There are instructions for how to do this with the old Viewer available on my site. Unfortunately, I haven't written up yet how to do this with the new Viewer files, so I'd suggest grabbing Sonia Coleman's Autorun CD shareware to perform the task. http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/Powe...nstructions.htm