New Lounger
    Thanks

Access merge it with Microsoft office word (Microsoft office 2003 full version)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 16-Oct-03 06:24. [Rule=10])</P>"merge it with Microsoft office word" this is a command found in Microsoft office 2003 Access under tool and then Office link. However, this is not installed on my computer. I tried to install it but to no avail. How do I get it installed then or has it got to do with the version of Office 2003 I've got? Please help me.

Thanks for what you can do.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Access merge it with Microsoft office word (Microsoft office 2003 full

This feature has been around since at least Office 2000, and I think since 97. But you need to be in a view where there is data to be merged, which basically means either in the Table view or the Query view. If you aren't, the command will be greyed out. Hope this helps you out - if it doesn't solve your problem, please post back.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have seen that it is there but gray. I however see it active in another window where I don't have data to merge but on my data to merge into word it grays up. Any idea on what I can do to activate this? I am desperate because it has to do with my Literature data for my dissertation. Please, any further help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Wendell!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

We're going to need some additional details to be able to help you. How are you getting you data presented? Is it a query? Is it being presented on a form? Or is it presented on a report? In addition, what does your data look like - is it mostly text, or are there many numeric fields? By chance is there a crosstab query or a pivot involved?
    Wendell