Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Label report: Field visible/invisible (XP/2K)

I used a wizard to build a report to print labels to identify the learning stations in my computer lab. Three learning stations allow the student to connect to the corporate LAN. My labels include a field that reads, <font color=red>="Network Identification: " & [NetName]</font color=red>. I want my labels to include this field for those stations that can connect to the LAN, and I want it NOT to appear on the rest.

I figured this would be relatively simple: I'd just open the report in design view, select the appropriate field, and then work through the Event tab on the Properties sheet. To my dismay, the Events tab is blank in this instance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Label report: Field visible/invisible (XP/2K)

Try the following:

1. Change the control source of the text box to ="Network Identification: "+[NetName] (i.e. concatenate with + instead of &). This will make the text box contain Null if NetName is Null.

If you would like to let controls below this text box to shift up if the text box is empty:

2. Set the CanShrink property of the text box and of the Detail section of the report to Yes.

3. Make sure that there is no vertical overlap between the text box and other controls in the Detail section.

No code at all, as you see.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Label report: Field visible/invisible (XP/2K)

What