Star Lounger
    Thanks

Searching in File Open box (Word 2002, SP2)

Hi, I wonder if anyone can possibly help. We are in the process of moving our users from Word 97 to Word 2002. Everything seems fine apart from a couple of niggles - the major one of which is this. In Word 97, when you went into File, Open the foot of the dialog was actually a simple search facility, and you were able to type in part of a filename, press return and all files which corresponded appeared for you to choose from. This was great and it simply won't work any more. I wonder if anyone knew of a way to get round it apart from instructing one of the nightmare searches, or indeed if it comes back in the next version !!! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Searching in File Open box (Word 2002, SP2)

The search option has been relocated to the Tools menu in the upper right corner of the Open dialog.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was afraid of that! It's the nightmare search. Thanks for your help anyway, I had tried that one but it takes ten times as long as it did before.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, further to your help with this one I've discovered that if you put an asterisk either side of the word then the File, Open box will give me exactly what I'm looking for! I'm happy again.