Lounger
    Thanks

Count Records (XP)

I am trying to put a count field in my report footer that will simply count the records on the report, but when I create a text box with a control source of count it doesn't give me the correct record count. Any suggestions. Also, I can not find the "Search" option on my Woody's Lounge Menu bar. Otherwise, I would have just done a search for this answer. How can I get it back?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Count Records (XP)

You can't use Count unless you specify a field to count - in general we use the primary key of the control source and count it.

As to the Search function, it has been disabled for several months because of performance problems - see the [b[Words From On High[/b] for more details. At this point we don't know when we will get it back.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Count Records (XP)

Hi Pastor Doug,

What I normally do to get a count is create a query that will count my records and then refer to them in a text box of my report.

The search feature has been disabled here because of the load on the server [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img] I can't wait to get it back!

Hope that helps,
    Kindra