Thread: Excel Help

New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Help

Now that I know how to use the Min function(thanks to Hans Pottel) I have another problem. On a sheet which displays quotes for hundreds of parts which I buy from six different vendors, I can select the lowest price using the min function. With one row for each part, the lowest price is selected and returned to the appropriate column to the right of the last price. In the last column I would like to select the vendor name who supplied the lowest price. This name is at the top of the column from which the lowest price was selected.
    Col A has part #
    Cols B-G has quotes
    Col H selects the lowest price
    Col I is where I would like to select the vendor at the top of which ever col (B-G) was selected and returned to Col H.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thank-you.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Help

I am not quite following your explanation but, I think you should try the worksheetfunction VLOOKUP(MIN(H1:H5),A1:I6,9,TRUE)

where column H contains the price, A1:I9 is the tablematrix and column 9 contains the Vendor.

Just have a look at Excel's help for more information on the VLOOKUP worksheetfunction.

Hope this helps.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you have =MIN(B2:G2) in H2, then put the following formula in I2 and it should return to first Item in the column that has the lowest value. <pre><big> =INDEX(B$1:G$1,MATCH(H2,B2:G2,0))</big></pre>

Hope that gets you what you want, and if it does you can copy it down the column as required.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

This worked beautifully. Thank-you