Star Lounger
    Thanks

Omnipage omnipresent (2000 SP3/Win2k)

Help humbly requested from an omniscient being. I've deleted OP12 from my system, including expunging it from the registry. Now I want to remove the two menu items for OP on Word's File menu, but when I delete them, exit and save normal.dot, then re-start Word, the menu entries reappear (and normal.dot changes). OP was originally installed in Word 97. I'm pretty sure these menu commands were 'inherited' when I upgraded to Word 2000. Perhaps that explains their gold standard robustness. The best Scansoft can do is suggest forcing Word to re-create normal.dot, but I don't want to lose a heap of customisations. All suggestions welcomed by this tired mortal. David

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Omnipage omnipresent (2000 SP3/Win2k)

1. Activate the Visual Basic Editor and check if Normal.dot contains a macro named AutoExec (in a standard module) or a Document_Open event handler (in ThisDocument). Either of these procedures, if present, will be executed each time you start Word. They might contain VBA code to create the menu items.

2. In Word, select Tools | Templates and Add-Ins... Is anything listed under "Global templates and add-ins"? If so, the culprit might be there. Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> explains how to handle this.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Omnipage omnipresent (2000 SP3/Win2k)

Hans, the VB attack nailed it. There was a module named Scansoft_op12. So I backed up normal.dot and removed the module. Now the deleted menu commands don't return when I re-start Word (sounds of wild cheering). By the way, there was another module named About WOPR, a program I have not used since upgrading to Word2k. I removed that module too. Now I'm about to install WOPR2k for the first time. Many thanks. David