5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Log on Problem (IE 6)

My log on name to my ISP includes "@". When the logon screen remembers my name it cuts off everything starting from the "@". (i.e. my logon is joe@any.com. every time I log on I need to type @any.com, since it only remembers "joe".) Any ideas?
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Log on Problem (IE 6)

thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You might clear your auto-complete and start over. It sounds like this particular feature got corrupted to cut off in this way. You could read up on auto-complete to figure out how it might have. Also if you get the Google Toolbar it has a number of options, one being auto-complete that will probably restore your complete log-in. Just install it--little real-estate and then hit the options drop down and maybe this auto-fill in will work. I found plenty of descriptions of how auto-fill in works and how you can tweak it using html but I didn't think they would solve your problem. You can google auto-fill in or hit msdn's library to see those.

SMBP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

My username for ISP logon is stored in two separate places: (1) dial-up connection; (2) cookie (when using web pages that require authentication). You could try deleting your ISP's cookies and log in again, to see if the new ones will have an improved memory.

(I don't use autocomplete for forms, so I'm not sure whether it overrides a cookie or not...)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What I am discussing is the Dial up and I think that the cookies will not effect that

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi SMBP:
    How does the AutoFill button differ from the AutoComplete in IE, in terms of using it?
    Thanks,

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Phil--

I didn't want to create confusion there and I almost changed the term-- but Google calls it "AutoFill" that uses "ECML Electronic Commerce Model Language," and I don't know enough nuance on auto-complete or it's files to do a good compare and contrast with IE auto-complete. I have it activated and the only thing I notice is cosmetic--if you activate it there is a yellow background in the boxes that can be auto-completed. I don't know enough about this language to say if it creates additional or any better security for financial/credit card transactions.

My hope--crudely--was that somehow if there were a corrupt file reason for this "cut-off" he could replace a possible damaged file or get the job done with a fully functional auto-complete from another source short of say replacing or repairing IE--unless something like System File Checker could find and fix a file. Here are some links with a little info on it:

Google AutoFill--an optional feature of the Google Toolbar

Google Toolbar FAQ and Answers to Autofill 5th Section Down

ECML Standards

Google Toolbar Help Index

SMBP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. Those pages expain it fine.

Thanks

No, you're right, and browser settings should not affect what is saved in your dial-up connections dialog, either. You might try to create a new dial-up connection with the same settings as your current one and see if it works better. I suppose it's possible for those to become corrupted...