swhitten

Clipboard Problems

When attempting to cut & paste from another application (IE)to a web page design, I get a message stating that "You can't cut or paste right now, the clipboard is busy (in use by another application. I have no other applications running at this time and the clipboard viewer shows nothing in it.
    I'm using Publisher 2000 SP1. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Skip

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clipboard Problems

what build of IE?

swhitten

Originally, IE 5.5
    Now IE 6.0

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

sounds like we can chalk up bug # 2 to IE6 beta - first mlang.dll and now this.

i'm not familar with this problem, you might want to scan the msnews groups to see if any one else complained. there is web interface at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=GSS&slcid=us>http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroup...cp=GSS&slcid=us</A> or use your news reader to access msnews.microsoft.com

swhitten

Thanks for the help. I'll check that link!

Lounger
    Thanks

I too have Pub 2000 (with SP2) and when using cut & paste from IE6 I get the same msg "clipboard is busy. . ." but I can paste that same info into any other AP. I have found that (usually) if I end Publisher and restart it, it will allow one paste, then it gets stubborn again. This is an intermittent problem, and I have not yet found any pattern.
    Find nothing on the Microsoft TechNet site. Hoping for some thoughts from others. We can't be the only two having this problem.