4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drop Down Box doesn't show (2000/SR1)

I have created a form in Word, that after it is filled out, will be e-mailed to everyone. For some reason, when it is received, and I am sending it in the e-mail, we use Outlook and I wanted people to just be able to see it in their e-mail and not have to send it as an attachment, the results of the drop down form field box doesn't show. All the other form fields show up, just that one doesn't. Any ideas what I need to change? Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drop Down Box doesn't show (2000/SR1)

Hi Don:
    I don't use Outlook, but I would assume that the form fields only work in Word when the document is protected. The other fields would be converted to text & I'd think that you'd see the default option only. If everyone who received it had Start Menu/Settings/File Options/File types tab/Microsoft Word Document set not to "browse in same window", then one could view it in Word. But I wouldn't think Outlook would have the be able to view the form fields as fields.
    Regards,

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drop Down Box doesn't show (2000/SR1)

When you use Word's Send To | Mail Recipient it converts your document to HTML format and then mails it out. Word's form capabilities will not convert properly if you use this method.

I would suggest that you either protect the document and email it as an attachment or create an Outlook form that will contain all your information and choices.
    finalword